Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cannon Bros. - New Unreleased Tune!



A year after their album was released, I am finally getting around to becoming hooked on Winnipeg's Cannon Bros. First I heard the spacey DJ Co-op Remix of Soft View, then I see Exclaim! hooked the duo for a video of the unreleased song below. That video sparked fond echoes of Pavement, especially Stephen Malkmus, as well as faint reverberations of Superchunk, Hardship Post, and The Inbreds. Well, I may be slow, but I'm on the bandwagon now. Catchy stuff, nice and simple, no need to reinvent the wheel, but there is an indefinable quality to Cannon Bros. which is compelling and inspiring.


Cannon Bros. - Untitled (LIVE on Exclaim! TV) by ExclaimTV

Soft View



Left in a Hurry



Soft View - DJ Co-op Remix









Leave a comment below.

No comments: