Tuesday, September 18, 2012

ECHO Songwriting Prize - Sloan, John K. Samson, Dan Mangan, Japandroids, Kathleen Edwards


Awards and awards shows come and go, I don't pay much attention. It's music I love, not the hulabaloo surrounding it. However, this year the Echo Songwriting Prize somehow has ended up with 5 nominees that I think are great. That has never happened before. Maybe the world IS ending this year.

Anyhow, SOCAN (the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) is supposed to spotlight "the most creative and artistic songs" with this prize, which you, the public, can vote on here. You can win an iPad, which might not help if that new tv show Revolution foretells our future.

You have until October 10 to vote, which you can do everyday if you want your favourite artist/band to receive $5000 (or you want that iPad). This year's nominees for the 2012 English SOCAN ECHO Songwriting Prize are "House that Heaven Built" by Japandroids, "Post-War Blues" by Dan Mangan, "Soft Place to Land" by Kathleen Edwards, "Unkind" by Sloan and "When I Write My Master's Thesis" by John K. Samson.




John K. Samson - When I Write My Master's Thesis

Japandroids - The House That Heaven Built



Sloan - Unkind


Dan Mangan - Post-War Blues

Kathleen Edwards - Soft Place to Land
Hey! Try leaving a comment below!

No comments: