Friday, November 1, 2013

Billie Joe Green & Norah Jones Made an Album - And the First Tune Sounds Good!?



Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones made an album covering an entire Everly Bros. record called Songs Our Daddy Taught Us. Due November 25th, Foreverly will showcase the duo's harmonies and reverence for roots music and traditional Americana.

 What? Did I just write that? I guess I did. I haven't paid any attention to Green Day or Norah Jones in years, except once when I enjoyed Jones's excellent rendition of Wilco's Jesus, Etc. If I hadn't heard the first single, Long Time Gone, I would have dismissed the whole thing as a gimmicky ploy not worthy of my attention. But I have heard it, and it's a subtle, smooth, twangy slice of melodic goodness. Give it a listen and tell me what you think, I am sufficiently intrigued. You can read more at Stereogum if you want.

Long Time Gone


No comments: