Monday, December 16, 2013

Mooner - Making Americans b/w Down on Marston Blues



Don't know a lot about Mooner. But Making Americans is a fun song in my books, like many of Sloan's tunes for the past decade or so, it's chock full of radio-ready riffs, sweet melody and harmonies, and doesn't mind being a bit clever. And now I've gone and skewed their Soundcloud number of plays because I just keep on playing it.

Down on Marston Blues mines more of a Dream Syndicate/Television vein, and everyone should love those bands. Listening to some of the band's older tunes, I hear hints of Wilco, The Shoes, maybe some Soft Boys. Sounds good to me.

Making Americans b/w Down on Marston Blues

I'm Waiting for the Man (Live at Cole's)

Unpronounceable Name EP

Hand in Hand in Hand

And look! The band pulls it off live too!

Shapeshifter (live)

You can buy Making Americans b/w Down on Marston Blues here.

No comments: