Sunday, December 26, 2010

R.E.M. - New Album Songbites: You're Still Full Anyway, Right?


A teaser for the new album. Brief snippets of songs usually annoy me more than anything (I wanna hear full tunes, not thirty seconds!), but these have only served to intrigue me further. I got the impression some people thought R.E.M. dumbed it down with songs like Supernatural Superserious on the last record, or perhaps were forcing it a little bit. I think those complaints should be quietened with this one.



It Happened Today (Featuring Eddie Vedder) is one of those cameos I was talking about last post, and I can barely hear Eddie at all, so maybe my worries were unfounded. So far, the song sounds okay, R.E.M.'s always been good at those wordless choruses (such as Belong from Out of Time), seems to me it might be a grower.

R.E.M. - It Happened Today (Feat. Eddie Vedder) by weallwantsome1



If you haven't heard the first single, here it is, Discoverer:

R.E.M. - Discoverer by abrecaminos

An unusual cover of an unusual R.E.M. song to cover.

Lotus (r.e.m. cover) by tinyblueboxes

No comments: